Boot on Sight List

News, updates, important decisions, and anything else from Room Management.
Faustus
Site Admin

Boot on Sight List

Post by Faustus »

Individuals on this list are not welcome in Plains of Turia under any circumstances. Not in-character, not out-of-character, not as messengers, not as the guest of another member, not for an av auction, not during story events that are open to the general public. If a name is on this list, they are never welcome in Plains of Turia under any circumstances - if that changes, their name will be removed from the list. They are not welcome until that happens, not one moment earlier.

Generally speaking, I don't really like for room bans - as a solution to a problem, they're usually pretty lacking. In my experience, most people I don't want in my home? Don't really want to be in a home run by me, either. Which makes the ban less about room policy, and more about calling someone out (and expressing to my fellow members that I expect them to join me in the Five Minutes Hate of whoever's on the shit list today). All too often a "boot on sight" list is actually a "people I don't like, and want to thumb my nose at because I'm in charge here" list. I don't generally go for that - leadership of a home is (or at least should be) a trust held from the membership, not a personal entitlement. That means that it takes more than just not getting along with me or other members, to wind up on this list.

People who are on this list? Have demonstrated, multiple times, that they are bad actors who are (in my opinion) bad for our hobby who are either incapable or unwilling to engage in good faith. My preference, for someone who has a tendency to behave poorly or has engaged in a pattern of bad conduct, would be a private conversation about which of their prior behaviors isn't acceptable here. But these people have demonstrated that conversation isn't even possible or that if such a conversation took place, there could be no reasonable expectation for them to adhere to their word after the fact. That's how someone winds up on this list.

If you feel you don't belong on this list, please don't come into the room to protest. I can be reached through the Revo forums (where I go by Invictus). No one else can remove you from this list, so badgering/bothering/insulting/harassing any of our members about you (or a friend of yours) being on this list? Won't do any good or help convince me that you don't belong on it.
  • Deimos/Miltiades - for a long-established pattern of abusive and threatening behavior towards others, out-of-character misogyny, homophobia and transphobia.
  • Kasigi Omi/Dhal al Ghur - for a long-established pattern of juvenile and entitled behavior, throwing tantrums when women decline to roleplay with him, insulting people who point out his errors or disagree with him in public discussions, out-of-character misogyny, homophobia, and transphobia.
  • Luka/Azazel Sevatius - for harassment and (borderline) stalking behavior
  • Saul the Prophet/Apostle/Tony - for a decades-long pattern of abusive, harassing behavior which includes sexual harassment, out-of-character misogyny, and transphobia, and for repeated instances of stealing the creative work of others.
  • Siracha - for consistently assisting and empowering Saul (above) to engage in his listed behaviors. I absolutely detest banning someone for the company they keep, but at this point she's been assisting him for decades, to the point where the issue is less "she has bad taste in men" and more "she's his literal accomplice".
  • Tuefel Hunden/TyRen - for a years-long pattern of abusive, harassing behavior which includes out-of-character misogyny, transphobia, and racism.
  • Victor of Asgeir/Taltos/Phoenix - for abusive, harassing behavior; at the request of his victim(s), additional (potentially identifying) information will not be publicized