Room Rule: Prodigy Combat

News, updates, important decisions, and anything else from Room Management.
Faustus
Site Admin

Room Rule: Prodigy Combat

Post by Faustus »

Prodigy Combat is the official combat system used by Plains of Turia. Room Management is the sole authority for all judgements of any combat that takes places within our room or subroom(s). However, our standing policy is that for in-room Prodigy combats that take place exclusively between our Members and Applicants, and where death is not on the table, we waive our right to judge.

Basically, in a fight between members where no one is trying to kill each other, you're free to find your own judges. Given the volume of my additional workload (both room-related and otherwise), it's probably a good idea if you want a faster judgement. If you go outside of our own community here to find a judge, that's fine, feel free to still start a thread on the Judgements board and link to your fight script (wherever you posted it).

Plains of Turia does not regard Prodigy Combat as an acceptable method of resolving interpersonal, out-of-character conflicts between members. We're all supposed to be part of one community here, and we're all adults. If two members don't get along, you're probably better served to either leave one another alone or try to have a conversation about it like grown-ups. Please don't put me in the position of needing to arbitrate a character death over an OOC grudge or issue.

And, I hope it's obvious, that while more serious OOC issues (bullying, harassment, etc.) are not a good reason to try to kill someone's character? They are an excellent reason to reach out to Room Management directly to handle the situation. Please check out our ((rules on bullying and harassment)) for more info.